- Position and activity checks are a fundamental but labour-intensive part of the offboarding process. Circa 100 full time equivalents (FTEs) are involved in the process and in excess of 20 systems must be checked to ensure clients have no outstanding positions before the accounts are closed.
- More than 20,000 RHPs must be offboarded in 2018, putting overwhelming strain on the current process.
- A proof of concept (PoC) was conducted to automate the manual process for the priority in-scope systems.
- Estimated to reduce processing time by 60-80%, thus increasing throughput and reducing the FTE requirement.
- Improved control and transparency, allows for 100% QA with each action in the process being time-stamped and logged.
- RPA will enable on-demand and ad-hoc position and activity checks for the entire bank.
- Mapped the asis process landscape across 20+ systems in which Position and Activity checks are performed.
- Gathered requirements for setting up a Robotics IT infrastructure with Blue Prism as a platform.
- Created a scoring matrix and feasibility analysis against the systems and various use cases.
- Created a roadmap for full automation of all identified use cases within position and activity checks.