A global commercial bank sought a partner to evaluate its digital, product, and technology strategy and transform how they work by shifting to modern delivery.
The bank is an established leader in commercial banking through its deep understanding of the innovation economy and hyper-focus on serving entrepreneurs and their firms. For the bank to maintain and enhance its leadership position, it needed a dramatically improved client digital experience, ability to increase speed to market and agility, and replacement for its underlying legacy technology platform.
Key factors to selecting their delivery partner included commercial banking, digital strategy, target operating model development, and business process design expertise, and a successful track record of deploying projects in agile settings.
Capco executed the project in three parallel tracks, and provided holistic delivery support through production:
1. Vision and goals - Validate and align on clear business goals for the transformation
2. Digital strategy - Validate the strategy and roadmap and provide recommendations on segment focus, product focus, and technology strategy
3. Business case - Develop a comprehensive business case including revenue and investment projections for the transformation (updated throughout the project).
1. CX design and user journeys - For select areas with the opportunity to differentiate, develop target CX and related artefacts
2. Target operating model (TOM) and Process Maps – Develop future TOM, and underlying process flows for in-scope journeys based on industry-leading practices
3. Gap analysis – Compare future TOM and CX to in-process TOM and identify/prioritize gaps.
1.Roadmap recommendations - Recommend updates to platform roadmap based on prioritized gaps
2. Ongoing delivery support model - Recommend approach and staffing model to accelerate delivery
3. Final business case and executive summary - Update/finalize the business case, and summarize and executive summary of project outcomes.
After articulating a compelling strategy and approach for Board endorsement, Capco pivoted into the execution model alongside the client’s internal and external teams. This entailed:
1. Pod staffing - Staffed pods for technology build, across product, scrum masters, research, UX design, etc.
2. Agile coaching – Created and executed an agile methodology and framework to support project delivery including tooling, routine establishment and facilitation, and hands-on guidance
3. Delivery leadership – Established and refined the delivery leadership function reaching the President and COO level, while in tandem, functioning at the pod delivery level.
Capco partnered with the bank’s leadership to embed progressive and modern product delivery practices while accelerating and de-risking delivery of a leading digital banking platform, which launched its first production release within six months from funding. Additionally, Capco provided the resources and know-how to occupy roles temporarily as the bank executed the aligned strategy to hire and convert FTEs to occupy critical functions.
The commercial bank is now well on its way to the modernization of its platform to face the evolving and competitive landscape confidently.
Contact Lane Martin and/or Isaac Halpern to understand how Capco can produce similar results for your organization.