Buy now pay later (BNPL) is changing the way consumers think about credit, but what does this mean for banks and the wider credit industry, and what should they be doing about it? In this paper, we share our perspective on this exciting new trend in payments.
- Buy now pay later will be a force for change in the consumer credit market
- Banks need to take action to defend their credit business by enhancing the customer experience.
- BNPL will come under closer scrutiny from the regulator and banks need to play their part to ensure BNPL is not another way of consumers getting into debt, or the next retail banking scandal.
In downloading this Capco whitepaper, you will have access to the following insights:
1. What is BNPL?
2. The major players in today’s UK BNPL market
3. Where BNPL fits in the wider consumer credit industry
4. Who is the BNPL customer and what do they need from BNPLs?
5. The typical BNPL customer onboarding experience
6. The role of trust and loyalty of a BNPL customer vs. other forms of finance product
7. The customer’s changing attitude towards credit today, backed by primary Capco data
8. The implications for banks and other credit card issuers on this exciting new form of credit
9. The role of ethical lending and regulation in BNPL
10. What firms need to do next to capitalize on this new trend, and how Capco can help.
For more information about Buy Now Pay Later and its implication for your business, contact Howard Rees.