Capco and Wipro FullStride Cloud Services global study finds financial services companies’ cloud goals are focused on business and revenue growth.
LONDON & NEW YORK, February 21, 2022 – Financial services leaders cite increased future revenues (62%) and improved future profitability (52%) as leading reasons to deploy cloud technologies, according to a new financial services study by Capco, the global technology and management consultancy, and Wipro FullStride Cloud Services.
In the report – entitled Cloud’s Transformation of Financial Services – Capco and Wipro’s cloud experts take a deeper look at the financial services data collected in the Wipro 2021 global survey and report – Making Business Thrive: A Cloud Leader Roadmap for Achieving 10x ROI. The report identifies the key trends and opportunities ahead and offer insights to allow financial services institutions (FSIs) to become cloud leaders. Wipro’s FullStride Cloud Services study incorporated 1,300 responses from C-suite executives and key decision-makers across 11 industries, of which 26% were drawn from financial services — specifically, banking, insurance and capital markets, including wealth advisory and asset management firms.
Looking exclusively at the financial services and insurance-related dataset within the main study, the new findings include:
1. The top three ways COVID has impacted the operations of FSIs:
• Elevated the prioritization of cloud as a means to improve customer experience (70% of banks, 63% of capital market firms, 55% of insurers)
• Enhanced recognition of the importance of cloud usage to making processes more efficient and agile (54% of banks, 67% of capital market firms, 59% of insurers)
• Increased institutions’ willingness to make cloud investments (49% of banks, 52% of capital market firms, 45% of insurers).
• Banks – Difficulty in deciding on best technology options (48%); uncertain ROI and use cases (45%); and lack of enterprise-wide strategy and roadmap (42%)
• Capital markets firms – Lack of enterprise-wide strategy and roadmap (48%); difficulty in deciding on best technology options (42%); and uncertain ROI and use cases (41%)
• Insurance companies – Lack of enterprise-wide strategy and roadmap (42%); inadequate IT and data systems (40%); and difficulty in deciding on best technology options (39%).
Commenting on perceived obstacles, to cloud implementation, Kennedy added: “Roadmaps that charted a digital journey for the entire organization were slow to emerge, if at all. Early in the transformation process it is crucial to develop an enterprise-wide cloud strategy and roadmap that details technology choices, governance measures and spending priorities, and that moderates other potential battlegrounds that can dilute implementation.” He also noted that the survey results reinforce that training, recruitment, and retention are fundamental competencies that need careful and early planning or risk snagging an institution’s shift to the cloud: “An average of 25% of FSIs said limited access to cloud skills and talent along with a need for training were serious impediments to successful cloud implementations.”
Download Capco’s research report Cloud’s Transformation of Financial Services to discover practical and actionable recommendations for financial services leaders on how to design and expedite a successful journey to the cloud.
About Capco, A Wipro Company
Capco is a global technology and management consultancy specializing in driving digital transformation in the financial services industry. With a growing client portfolio comprising of over 100 global organizations, Capco operates at the intersection of business and technology by combining innovative thinking with unrivalled industry knowledge to fast-track digital initiatives for banking and payments, capital markets, wealth and asset management, insurance, and the energy sector. Capco’s cutting-edge ingenuity is brought to life through its Innovation Labs, and award-winning BYAW culture and diverse talent. To learn more, visit www.capco.com or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn Instagram, and Xing.
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, we have over 220,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents. Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and a bold new future.