OUR AFFINITY GROUPS
Our Affinity Groups are employee-led, firm-supported teams focused on encouraging employee engagement, and on promoting awareness and inclusion around gender, race, ethnicity, disability, neurodiversity, or other shared background. The Groups create an environment for people to connect, engage, educate, inspire, and celebrate each other. They also work within the firm to help recruit, mentor, and support the progression of diverse talent.
Any Capco employee can be a member of any Affinity Group. Our goal is for everyone, regardless of background or characteristics, to feel empowered and supported so they can be their authentic selves and achieve their full potential.
Capco’s Affinity Groups are engaged in a variety of activities, including:
- Offering educational and cultural events to help raise awareness, celebrate diversity, and increase employee engagement
- Sponsoring CSR activities and community involvement, and working in partnership with community organizations
- Supporting the firm’s recruitment, retention and progression efforts with both employees and suppliers. This could include:
- Involvement in campus recruitment, including liaising with diversity organizations on campus, attending campus events to represent Capco, and participating in the interview and assessment process
- Involvement in experienced hire recruiting, including referring and/or helping to identify diverse talent, and participating in activities that support employee retention and progression
- Offering mentorship and sponsorship support to diverse employees
- Advocating for internal policies within the firm to better support gender equality
- Helping with supplier diversity, including recommending diverse suppliers for Capco services
- Business development through client support and engagement, including liaising with the D&I organizations and affinity networks at clients, co-sponsoring events, etc.
- Participation in conferences to increase Capco’s brand presence and thought leadership, and relations with other organizations.
Capco’s gender equality networks supports the professional advancement of women within the organization and across the financial services sector by providing opportunities to grow their networks, learn from each other, and give back to the community. We also collaborate with other Affinity groups to help ensure that events have voices and representation from under-represented groups, manage mentoring programs, and find opportunities to spotlight female talent both internally and externally.
Recent Achievements and Events
- Capco hosted events across all our locations to celebrate International Women’s Day. Events ranged from film screenings, to panel discussions featuring women leaders, to volunteering activities and celebrations
- Capco’s US network has long-standing partnerships with organizations including Dress for Success, Bankers Without Borders, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, and Women in Need to raise awareness and funds to support the missions of these organizations
- We partner with "Lab das Minas" in Brazil, an initiative focused on women in Technology, and have held a series of workshops on career management, finance and technology
- Last year, Capco UK partnered with 100 Women in Finance, a global, women-focused professional organisation, to lead and host an event on the impact of artificial intelligence
- Our UK network also recently signed on to the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter.
ETHNIC & CULTURAL DIVERSITY
Capco’s ethnic and cultural Affinity Groups encourage employees to learn about different cultures, identities, and insights. The Groups are focused on education, awareness, recruitment, community outreach and employee retention.
In the US, we have Black@Capco and Inclusion@Capco employee networks, and in the UK we have a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) employee network. We also have groups focused on events and awareness in other Capco locations.
Recent Achievements and Events:
- Management of a variety of events for Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month and Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration. Capco UK has also offered a series of events to celebrate Diwali, Eid and Ramadan.
- A virtual session titled ‘Together Against Racism’, an interactive discussion to educate and provide insight about racial justice issues hosted by Capco UK.
- Black@Capco held ‘The Impact of Unconscious Bias in the Workplace’ session attended by Capco employees and leadership.
- In partnership with CSR, Black@Capco brought ‘Art in Color - Celebrating Black Joy Through Art’ with performance artists of color.
- Attendance and sponsorship of a variety of diversity and inclusion conferences in the US, including the AfroTech Conference, The Black Is Tech Virtual Conference 2020, the National Black MBA (NBMBAA) Conference and the Ascend National Convention.
- Celebration of Karnataka Rajyotsava in India, the day that all the Kannada language-speaking regions of South India were merged to form the state of Karnataka.
Capco’s global LGBTQI+ network, Pride@Capco, supports the LGBTQI+ community. The network hosts a variety of events and initiatives throughout the year across our global offices, celebrating the voices and achievements of Capco’s LGTBQI+ community, allies, and partners. The network also promotes the interests of our community through a range of partnerships with non-profit and professional organizations.
Recent Achievements and Events
- A global virtual event to celebrate Pride across the firm as well as a series of local Pride events, such as a Lunch & Learn comedy improv workshop. In previous years, Capco employees have also represented the firm at Pride marches around the world
- Pride@Capco and Capco’s CSR teams have raised money for a variety of organizations that are focused on promoting access and equality for our community, including The I Project, the ACLU, and The Sylvia Rivera Law Project
- In the US, the network has worked and volunteered with organizations including The Trevor Project, The SAGE Center, Out4Undergrad, New Alternatives and Lesbians Who Tech
- In October 2019, Capco proudly stood with the LGBTQI+ community during the Supreme Court hearing of three different cases regarding employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity
- In May 2019, Capco was honored at the 2019 British LGBT Awards as one of the UK’s 10 most inclusive employers
DISABILITY AND NEURODIVERSITY
We provide support, guidance and assistance to people living with disabilities and neurodivergent individuals. Our Ability@Capco network hosts programs to acknowledge and respect the differences that exist within our workforce, and to bridge these differences through discussions, events, one-to-one support, learning and training initiatives.
Recent Achievements and Events
- Capco has signed up to Valuable 500, a global movement focused on working with 500 national and multinational, private sector corporations to encourage greater inclusiveness and participation in the workforce for people with disabilities. The organization aims to unlock the business, social and economic value of the 1.3 billion people living with disabilities across the world.
- Initiated a review of employee touchpoints to assess them from a disability inclusion perspective to create a roadmap for a more inclusive workplace
- Offered a wide range of events focused specifically on neurodiversity, including a parent-carer focus group and an event celebrating the importance of neurodiversity role models and support as part of Neurodiversity Celebration Week.
- Provided an ongoing series of webinars focused to support our employees’ well being