The client, a leading multi-national insurance company, engaged with a high-cost development partner for a Salesforce project which was behind schedule. Additionally, the client’s necessary in-house skills were lacking. Without additional expertise, the client did not have the knowledge to stand up an internal team to put the system into production, take control of development, and migrate vendors – without missing committed release deadlines.
The client had been working for some time to deliver new Salesforce capabilities and struggled with both delivery and adoption and needed to redouble their team's focus on that.
HOW WE DID IT:
The requirements gathering and development were running fine; however, the client realized they lacked core Salesforce program management, had no established way to move to production, couldn’t take control of the project from the vendor, couldn’t deliver to release deadlines set by business needs, or provide training and production support. Capco partnered with the client to assess the current state, make recommendations, and manage the successfully delivery of the project.
WHAT WE DELIVERED:
- The client successfully integrated backend systems to pull data in real-time for display within Salesforce, meeting the requirements of scope, budget, and release dates.
- The engagement enabled the client’s Retirement Division to develop a platform that served seven personas across multiple departments, while sharing data and a single customer view, forecasting, and enabling a parallel sales effectiveness program.
- Rapid project assessment, made recommendations on staff, process, tools, data, training, and support
- Defined roles, responsibilities, and hired internal and external personnel to build out the team, getting them operational as a high performing team rapidly
- Project management to manage the 50+ staff working on the project, run project financials, and deliver project reporting to the client’s PMO
- End-to-end application delivery management running fifteen workstreams, three vendors, four teams while implementing a new hybrid agile execution methodology and hitting release dates and budgets
- Real-time on-demand integration from backend systems into Salesforce
- Salesforce business process led, persona-based training
- Production support leveraging the client’s existing systems with a successful hand off to the client.