Looking to position themselves to deliver on profitability objectives and increase the agent and customer experience, the client sought to streamline new business issuance. Due to the client’s “high-touch” manual processes, the unit cost of making a risk determination was too high and made it challenging to reduce expenses. The combination of cumbersome manual processes, antiquated technology, and excessive turnaround times was damaging the agent and customer experience and ultimately dampening the client's ability to grow revenue. The client recognized Capco could provide thought leadership to define requirements, design future state processes, and construct a structured, holistic approach for implementation.
Customers expect a streamlined purchasing experience. The global life insurer was upgrading platforms and wanted to ensure that they designed their target future state processes and align the systems and people to achieve those outcomes.
HOW WE DID IT:
The client had decided to implement a new underwriting workbench and rules engine. Before rolling out the new technology, the client needed to reimagine its business and operation processes so it could harness the technology’s full capabilities.
To do this, Capco used its signature FutureWeekSM Rapid Process Redesign methodology to design the ideal future state including process, people, change management and technology expectations.
WHAT WE DELIVERED:
- Client had a future state vision with key metrics, process expectations and future proof technology requirements.
- Additionally, significant change management planning was conducted to ensure the appropriate transition of the UW organization to support the future state.
- The team also began to focus on realizing immediate value through quick hit opportunities, while also gaining momentum towards its end goals of increasing profitability and improving the end-to-end agent, customer, and employee experience.
- Thoughtfully reengineered business processes that leveraged new technology and inter/intra departmental synergies to minimize handoffs and reduce turnaround time
- “Quick hit” opportunities, so leadership and front-end users could realize value quickly
- 400+ detailed business requirements for the new underwriting workbench and rules engine, based on current state pain points and desired future state
- An impact assessment that identified the changes that would result from transitioning to the future state, paired with a robust toolkit of detailed action plans with incremental steps to execute those changes. The toolkit included: a comprehensive Change Management and Communication Plan, Training Plan, and Job Families and Competencies.
- A refreshed approach and mechanism for tracking meaningful business and operational metrics, so the client is equipped with the information it needs to conduct planning activities, monitor team and individual performance, report on progress against strategic objectives
- Recommendations for managing mortality risk to further enable profitability