HOW CAPCO ENGAGED WITH INSURER TO IMPROVE AGILE HEALTH BY 34%
The client, a Fortune 100 leading U.S. life insurer, was challenged in identifying and delivering on opportunities to improve Agile adoption for the execution of a $35M portfolio of programs. As additional workstreams were incorporated into the client’s Agile Transformation, the inconsistent structure of stories, features, and epics resulted in a lack of transparency to stakeholders and led to increasingly irregular delivery of business benefits.
The client had just began their pivot to Scaled Agile for a large, complex and critical program, and needed a team that could lead and drive the program while supporting the team's transition to Scaled Agile.
HOW WE DID IT:
Capco engaged in assessing the Agile wellness while actively driving solution delivery. Deploying a team of delivery leads, architects, and consulting analysts, Capco identified areas of opportunity and collaboratively drove improvements in the use of technology, execution of ceremonies, and refinement of Sprint and Program Increment (PI) processes.
WHAT WE DELIVERED:
- At the conclusion of the engagement, the client achieved synergy across an increased number of Agile teams, allowing for an expansion of the client’s SAFe operating model and resulting in a 34% overall increase in Agile wellness
- The client’s SAFe Transformation now delivers incremental business value on both strategic and enhancement work, leveraging a clearly defined and prioritized backlog with progress visibly measured through standard burn up/down reports and success demonstrated by realization of business benefit
- Clear, crisp features focused on delivering meaningful business benefits
- Enhanced QA team delivery timing by 31% through User Story protocols enforcing properly defined Acceptance Criteria
- Transparency to business leadership by providing accurate, meaningful reporting reflecting delivery results, resulting in a 44% increase in the visualization of work delivered
- SAFe as the single delivery methodology for all work within the domain
- Shifted the culture to focusing on rapid delivery with visibility to progress using Rally resulting in a 33% increase in the consistent use of Agile tools
- Structured support for critical roles, ensuring constant use of tools and process to properly design Epics, Features, and Stories resulting in a 69% improvement in overall Agile sustainability