CHALLENGE 7/8: MANAGING AND TESTING TECHNOLOGY CHANGE - HOW WELL ARE YOU MANAGING CHANGE IN THE FACE OF BREXIT?
Organisations may have to replicate technology infrastructure, applications, connectivity, and security in the new or extended EU entity. This will require large scale and complex coordination across geographies. On top of this, they are working against limited timelines, which will make business requirements gathering, implementation and testing a real challenge.
- Gathering requirements across business lines and the front-to-back stack is difficult, and needs to be interlocked across the impacted business lines and functions.
- Conducting full end-to-end integration testing within a defined timeframe is hard, particularly when trying to replicate full processing cycles (e.g. month and quarter-ends).
- A constantly evolving regulatory landscape requires a robust approach that can adapt to changing circumstances.
- Cyber security and technology risk management are key topics on regulators’ agendas. Regulators want to be satisfied that these are being managed locally by resources with the requisite skill and experience level.
WHAT CAN CAPCO OFFER?
Brexit will signify change, ranging from large-scale migrations to process automation. Capco brings an Agile approach, working collaboratively to create user stories that articulate tangible outcomes. In doing so, we help gather, validate, document and interlock F2B requirements and convert these into functional and technical requirements, setting the stage for innovative solutions.
SDLC Project Management
Capco believes in creating custom Agile Delivery models that integrate aspects of Agile methodologies that compliment your existing delivery framework. We have proven experience in building enterprise level Agile delivery frameworks that span multiple geo-locations with the associated governance, Dev Ops, and coordination frameworks. This expertise enables us to deliver effective project management and coordinate technology development.
Capco can help with E2E testing by defining F2B testing strategy, scripting use-cases, preparing trade, client and other reference data, coordinating UAT, designing and running effective testing governance and driving issue resolution and tracking. Capco also has expertise in leveraging industry best practices and tools, such as JIRA plug-ins that allow for easy test tracking and traceability.
THE CAPCO ADVANTAGE
Capco has a strong track record of successfully delivering target-state technology architecture across function/business. Our people add a strong balance of business, functional and technical knowledge, combined with lessons learned and a pragmatic approach to SDLC project management, requirements gathering and design authority forums. We also support E2E testing,
including leveraging our intelligent design delivery capability.
Capco’s Intelligent Agile Design methodology can automate and accelerate software delivery in a compressed timeline by:
- Providing systematic impact analysis across an entire system architecture
- Automating generation and execution of an optimum test strategy
- Providing synthetic data and a service virtualisation layer
- Leveraging Agile best practices to create a model that can continuously evolve and incorporate in ‘lessons learned’
View our previous Brexit challenge or return to our Brexit Challenge homepage.